The Forth Clan

to chronicle the day-to-day lives of the Forths

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Name Game

When I called my brother to tell him that I was pregnant, one of the first things he asked was,

“So can I name the baby?”
“No.”
“I promise to give it a clever name.”
“No.”
“Notice I didn’t say a good name. I said clever.”
“No!”

Mom took a poll of some family and friends to see who could come up with the most clever name. Since my maiden name does not lend itself to catchy combinations, they’re having fun with my married name. Poor Michael has undoubtably heard them all, but it’s still new to me so it still can make me laugh.

The ones Mom has compiled so far are: Spring, April, July, June, Notta, Venture, Sally, Drew, Anne Soe, Ginger Lee, and Joy Springs. I’m sure it won’t stop there.

Then I called my brother again to tell him we were having a girl.

“Congratulations! You’re an aunt!” I said.
“Wow. The miracle of modern medicine.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home