Wait For It....
Okay, so you haven’t yet received a call saying baby is here and this is how much she weighs and how long she is, and how wonderfully beautiful she is, and that mom and baby are doing fine – because she hasn’t made her appearance yet.
Today is day 6 in the overdue stage. And yes, I am the tax accountant, and I do realize this is the last day to get that extra exemption and credit on our 2006 tax return. Ah, well.
Our doctor’s appointment this past Wednesday showed that everything is fine and dandy, and I’m still feeling great, but things in the area of labor have not progressed far enough along yet to where inducing is a good option. So we wait. And keep checking. And know that we're healthy and normal. And still in the “any time” mode because things can move fast.
At the very latest I will be induced on January 8th regardless of our readiness. After a bit my body will stop supporting her, so she’ll have to make her entrance sometime even if we have to MAKE it happen – and 2 weeks past the due date is the longest my doctor will let it go. The 8th is not our first choice, considering that’s Michael’s first day of classes and he will have spent his entire Christmas break waiting for her and not getting to spend time with her, but we’ll just deal if it comes to that.
Hopefully she’ll come within the next couple days. Michael is being sweet and asking her to “please come out.” I’m starting the warping early, however, and already calling her names. Maturity, you are not known in these parts! Yet it’s fairly certain she’s my daughter – she’s already putzing. How can I not feel just a tinge of pride…?

2 Comments:
At 10:26 AM,
Sarah Hazel said…
January 2nd is Reese's birthday. Reese would be delighted to share the day with your daughter.
At 6:19 AM,
TT said…
Funny thing...I found out that you guys were in a birthing class with a couple of my friends, Art and Jana...small world!
Post a Comment
<< Home