The Great Pumpkin

Jake and I used to go out in the garage with Dad a couple days before Halloween to carve our pumpkin. Mom would bake the seeds. I loved it. So because I wanted to relive a portion of my childhood and favorite time of year, I decided to have a party to make other people do it, too! And they were more than happy to oblige.
So Sunday afternoon we hosted a pumpkin carving party. People brought over pumpkins and those little carving tools, and we spread out on the patio/deck area by our front door. We we had pumpkin-y desserts and trick-or-treat candy. We of course baked the seeds, watched a bit of Ghostbusters, and then It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
And for a while the whole scene even reverted to middle school dance days: all the girls on one side of the room (…or outside carving pumpkins) and all the boys on the other side of the room (…meaning inside playing Catan - Michael has created a few junkies). Good times!
The pumpkin in the middle of the pic above, the one that looks like it's melting into the floor, that was the only one carved by one of the guys. The itty-bitty one in the front middle has a face etched on it. And the ears on the happy one just to the left of it resulted in our only knife injury.
Guess which pumpkin is mine. The second from the left….in the back. Yep, not even carved. After all the 'have a party to carve a pumpkin,' I didn't feel like it. I chatted and separated seeds from guts while everyone else carved theirs. Ah, well! :o)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home