The Forth Clan

to chronicle the day-to-day lives of the Forths

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reading Between the Lines

Camille has recently developed a favorite book.

“I’m making big red hearts today,
Big red hearts to give away.”

It’s about a little girl who is making and decorating hearts for her family and friends and talking about God’s love. It’s like Valentine’s for every day.

“How can I give God my heart?
Loving Him is where I’ll start.
I can sing and I can pray.
I show my love when I obey.”

How cool that it actually says that?

She will bring us no other book at bed time. Each night I read it like 6 or 7 times before I pick out something different. And if I read the rhymes in a staccato fashion, she will even do her shoulder dance to the rhythm.

Michael is with us as she gets ready for bed every night, but last night was the first time he read the book to her. But then he got to this part:

“I love Sister, I love Brother,
I love Nana, Dad, and Mother.
Thank you, God, for giving me
My very special family.”

Sweet, yes? But he stops and blurts out, “What a terrible book! The Grandpa is dead! They mention Nana, but where’s Papa? Sorry kids, Papa was hit by a bus last week!”

1 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Papa (and Poppy)are not dead! They are just impatiently waiting for Camille to get a little older so she will come out and play!

    Eileen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home