It's Been A While....
I know. Excuses, excuses.
So I though I'd give an update of what's been going on, and then since I've been tagged a couple times for that "6 Interesting/Weird Things About Me" game, I'll tack that on to the end here. It's taken me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to think of six things. Because I'm so NORMAL. I should have just asked people sooner - other people can always tell you what wacky things you're in the habit of doing - especially if it annoys them.
So what's up…. Well, considering Camille is usually in the forefront of what's going on with us now, we'll start with her. She is 5 months old and has rolled over several times now, but none of it is purposeful yet. She's gotten very good at coordination and reaching for and hitting things. She can grab her pacifier and put it in her mouth. She's now rolling around holding her feet, which is uber cute. She talks up a storm, talks over the TV or any book reading, and we can get her giggling by tickling or snuggling or kissing her ears. She's getting better every day at propping herself up when she's on her tummy and is leaning forward all the time in efforts to sit up. We still have moments of amazement when we stop and again realize that she is a new little person.

Michael finished finals (yeah!!) and is now home for the summer playing Mr. Mom (love it!). He is studying for the GRE, reading up on other various topics for future classes, holes in his knowledge base, or general interest, re-reading the Harry Potter books, and making daily trips to the neighborhood Y.
I cut about 10 inches off my hair, so it's just above my shoulders. I had my first Mother's Day last month - strange to think about. Work has slowed to normal business hours, but I have enough projects and returns to try to finish before the next busy season to keep me plenty busy during the day. Motivation, however, waxes and wanes (of course).
Camille and I made a trip at the end of April to visit my fam in SA, and over Memorial Day weekend we drove to NC to visit Michael's parents. We have a couple other small driving trips to visit family and friends either coming up or being tentatively planned. Camille will be baptized in early August, so we're excited to have family and friends in town for that.
And now, tag, I'm it. Six Interesting / Strange Things About Me.
1. One of my favorite meals is shrimp and grits. Because they naturally go together, that's why. (It probably has something to do with yummy cream or cheese sauces that are all over the dish.)
2. I've been all over the U.S. and multiple other countries / continents in the world, but I've never been to New York.
3. I've been a Texas girl since the age of 5, raised in San Antonio, and I don't like guacamole. (Except for Sol's guac, but that goes without saying.)
4. I made it a goal to send the tackiest Christmas cards I could find each year. Like Santa Claus in his candy-cane speedo. However, marrying Michael put the kabosh on that winning idea since he comes up with great photo card setups. I still hold on to the hope that I'll get back to my dream one day, though…
5. I like brussel sprouts. Uh huh. But most anything is good after being fried in garlic and butter. (and instead of covering up the flavor, I think the butter and garlic compliment their yumminess well)
6. I discovered that if you eat chocolate chips and candy corn in the ratio of 2 chocolate chips with 1 candy corn, it tastes rather similar to cookie dough.
So there you have it.

4 Comments:
At 6:27 AM,
Unknown said…
1. Your hair is SO CUTE. I love it!
2. You should try mixing candy corn with salted peanuts (the oily kind, not the dry roasted). Its an office favorite for us.
3. I can't wait to see you guys in 16 days :-)
-Lindsay Sivard-Soon-To-Be-Hunniford
At 12:08 PM,
Bird On A Line said…
You don't like guac!? What's wrong with you?? I bet you'd like mine! ;)
Love the hair, but you already know that.
Little Camille is getting SO big! I have to see her soon!
We find out gender tomorrow - yippeeee!
At 7:44 AM,
Sara Carolina said…
your hair cut looks uber cute!
At 6:44 PM,
The Angry Gnome said…
How come nobody says that my hair looks really cute? No, it's just "why are there so many pictures of Michael and so few of you, Tiffany?"
-TAG
Post a Comment
<< Home