Nashville Drivers
As I was almost squashed the other day by a guy in his big truck and on his cell phone, who was turning left from a middle lane that's supposed to go straight (and naturally, no blinker for a warning), I was reminded that I found out a tid-bit of information related to my previous post on the appallingly bad Nashville drivers.
Michael created the most accurate term for them: Accidental Drivers. It's like they wake up to find that, 'Huh.....I guess I'm behind the wheel....Maybe I should do something.' He's now taken to smiling at those rare people who cut him off as they speed around him - because at least they're driving with purpose, and something about that warms the heart.
Yeah. And what I found out is that they don't have to take driver's ed before getting their licenses. If they do, it does lower their insurance, but there are most likely loads of Nashvillians out there who are unaware that there even ARE driving rules, safety tips, and such thing as good judgement.
I cannot even fathom.
Michael created the most accurate term for them: Accidental Drivers. It's like they wake up to find that, 'Huh.....I guess I'm behind the wheel....Maybe I should do something.' He's now taken to smiling at those rare people who cut him off as they speed around him - because at least they're driving with purpose, and something about that warms the heart.
Yeah. And what I found out is that they don't have to take driver's ed before getting their licenses. If they do, it does lower their insurance, but there are most likely loads of Nashvillians out there who are unaware that there even ARE driving rules, safety tips, and such thing as good judgement.
I cannot even fathom.

2 Comments:
At 1:27 PM,
Unknown said…
ok, i've always heard the complaint that the worst drivers are from here or there or wherever, so i decided to look up some research. (this is what happens when you work quickly and are self-employed...you have time to do things like this)
here is what i found
i guess my conclusion is, at least we don't live in philly. not only are they awful drivers, i read another report earlier this week that said that philadelphians were the attractive people in the country. unfortunate.
At 9:04 AM,
Michael and Tiffany said…
No kidding. Yeah, I know everyone, no matter where they live, complains about the drivers in their city and how they're the worst ever. I just don't think that I've ever driven in a city that is so consistent across the board in irritating driving habits. I'm amazed.
Post a Comment
<< Home