Happy Birthday, Little Girl
Camille marked her 2-year-old birthday this evening by, well, behaving like one. No nap at school today. Lovely.

She's upset because we wouldn't let her put Nilla Wafers in the egg carton. Between pathetic sobs, she's telling me "no cheese!" Meaning, 'don't take my picture, I won't smile for the camera!' I know...I'm a horrible mother. He, he.

She was excited about the adorable panda (dubbed Pennelope) that daddy found for her, though.

And she was fascinated by the candles and singing.

The cake itself was a different issue, however. In the first place, I was frustrated by my less than stellar icing job (the sprinkles are "covering up" all the cake crumbs in the icing that occurred as I tore up the top of the cake while spreading the icing). Camille wound up spitting out the first bite of cake that Michael tried to help her with. Then she ate half the icing off the top, shuddered (too sweet?), and pulled the rest of the icing off her piece and gave it to me. "No likie, no wannie, yucky." She wouldn't touch anything else, but still got upset when we tried to take her plate. Great.
Then, suddenly, wouldn't you know.... It's bed time!
Happy birthday, little girl. I'm looking forward to the adventures of the year to come. Maybe. :o)

She's upset because we wouldn't let her put Nilla Wafers in the egg carton. Between pathetic sobs, she's telling me "no cheese!" Meaning, 'don't take my picture, I won't smile for the camera!' I know...I'm a horrible mother. He, he.

She was excited about the adorable panda (dubbed Pennelope) that daddy found for her, though.

And she was fascinated by the candles and singing.

The cake itself was a different issue, however. In the first place, I was frustrated by my less than stellar icing job (the sprinkles are "covering up" all the cake crumbs in the icing that occurred as I tore up the top of the cake while spreading the icing). Camille wound up spitting out the first bite of cake that Michael tried to help her with. Then she ate half the icing off the top, shuddered (too sweet?), and pulled the rest of the icing off her piece and gave it to me. "No likie, no wannie, yucky." She wouldn't touch anything else, but still got upset when we tried to take her plate. Great.
Then, suddenly, wouldn't you know.... It's bed time!
Happy birthday, little girl. I'm looking forward to the adventures of the year to come. Maybe. :o)

4 Comments:
At 8:26 AM,
Robert said…
Wow... shes a moody one. Takes after her father :)
At 9:34 AM,
Johanna at The Baker Twins said…
She sounds like a person I would totally hang out with! :) I like my friends with a bit of attitude.
At 8:39 AM,
ARenea said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
At 8:40 AM,
ARenea said…
but i love that she is totally checking herself out in the mirror while crying!! i can't believe you have a two year old....time flies when your fighting crime in the kitchen....hehehhehehe
Post a Comment
<< Home