The Forth Clan

to chronicle the day-to-day lives of the Forths

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Camille's Second Halloween

Thursday night we carved her pumpkin together. After I opened it up, she helped me clean it out - she'd reach in, grab two seeds, look at me and tell me, "Yucky." Then she put the seeds in the bowl I had set out for the guts and do it again. Or she'd put her face completely in the hole and say, "Heddo," to hear it echo.

I went for simple lines and easy carving, the "Oh-No" Pumpkin, which turned out to be a good plan considering she held on to the carving tool and helped me. She even picked up the second carving tool I had out and bent it by cramming it into the side of the pumpkin. It wasn't as messy a venture as I thought it would be.



We put a candle in it to show her the pumpkin all lit up.



Her costume this year was "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." She's still too young to completely understand the holiday, but I wanted her to be dressed as something that she actually knew. Since she doesn't watch TV or movies, she doesn't know any kid characters yet, but Twinkle, Twinkle is her favorite song. So I made her a star.



The antenae headband was asking too much, I knew. I couldn't even get a picture of it on her head. And of course Friday night's trick-or-treating entailed too many new things happening around her to hold a wand and a pumpkin bucket, so I carried the wand. And wore the antenae.



We trick-or-treated with a group of friends so she would have other little kids to watch and be with. The wagon idea was fabulous.



Macy and Camille and Isa moving on to the next house:



And some of the adults. The mosquitos were terrible that night.



Camille may not have completely understood what was going on, but she did naturally pick up on the fact that candy was involved and people were putting it in her pumpkin. She seemed a little dazed when it came to going up to doors and saying "trick-or-treat," but sitting in the wagon with her bucket of candy was always exciting and she frequently held things out for me to "obee" for her.



We were home and in bed a little after 8. We were both exhausted.



Oh, the years to come.....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Camille is the cutest little girl! I absolutely love her Twinkle Twinkle costume ~ you're such a creative Mom. Thanks for posting:)

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    btw, this is Sharon R:)

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see Camille is a "Smarties" gal!

    Love, Mom

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Michael and Tiffany said…

    I know! As soon as she held those out, I told her those were one of your favorite candies. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home