The Forth Clan

to chronicle the day-to-day lives of the Forths

Friday, May 15, 2009

Old Age

I know I'm not really old, but I'm losing it already. I just finished watching North by Northwest for the first time. Again.

Yeah, people at work were talking about the movie, how good it was and how it was the favorite movie of so many people from all different generations. And I thought, you know, I've never seen it. It's one I keep meaning to see and I never have. So I had Michael put it on our Netflix so I could finally see it. Look at me getting it done.

And then I'm watching it, thinking it's so familiar. I couldn't ever tell you what came next, but I recognized several scenes. I couldn't have told you how it ended, but I remembered it once I saw it. Now I even remember having a nightmare the night I saw the movie for (the real) first time involving the villain's house at the end. But nope, last week I'd never seen North by Northwest.

Good grief. Funny thing is, I've done this before. I've watched another movie for the first time a couple times. But true to the nature of this post, I can't even tell you which one it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home