The Forth Clan

to chronicle the day-to-day lives of the Forths

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Houston Strikes Again

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. Construction follows me around this city. @!#%!!

I first started noticing it when I worked with middle school and high school students. I spent 2 years driving all over Houston, all the time, every day. And every time I would find a new shortcut or nice little back road or start a new driving routine, within a couple months those streets would be under construction.

When Michael and I got married we moved to an apartment that was 2.5 miles from my office. Within a couple months the main road I traveled was ripped up. That 2.5 mile commute took me 30 minutes.

When we moved back from Nashville, the townhome we rented was 3 miles from the very same office building, along that very same road. It took 9 months of me using that street when they started ripping it up again. Really? They just tore it up only 3 years before that!

We moved to another apartment 2 months ago. Last week I pulled out of the neighborhood onto the main road I use to take the girls to school and guess what? They’ve taken the top layer of asphalt off the street, in preparation for….. more construction!

SERIOUSLY?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home