The Forth Clan

to chronicle the day-to-day lives of the Forths

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Is it just me?

Confession: I’m totally addicted to design blogs right now. LOVE THEM.

Problem is, they’ve got me wanting to completely organize and revamp my whole household. Organizing and cleaning out is great, except we’re still rather transitional right now so I don’t want to spend the time (read: money) it would take just so I would have to do it all over again in a year when we move a-g-a-i-n. I am all about do-it-yourself-ing, though, and repurposing old items, and I am already pumped to go shopping at local Goodwills and other thrift stores so I can have pieces with tons of character, custom fit to me and super cheap!

One blog I read said it perfectly: “I’m not so much a clean freak as I am an organization freak.” Clutter makes me clausterphobic. It makes me feel overwhelmed and then I can’t think straight. It doesn’t mean I don’t have crap around the place, it just means I keep my crap in neat piles or in its designated “home.”

I love the clean, bright, open designs on these blogs, rooms with lots of white or neutral colors as a base – but having 2 small children probably makes that a pipe dream at the moment. Oh, who am I kidding? I make that a pipe dream. Seriously, I don’t think I own a shirt that doesn’t have a stain on it. I’m just rough on my things. And as graceful as this ex-gymnast can be, I tend to barrel through and force a lot of things because I’m in too much of a hurry and can’t be bothered to do complete a task without breaking something.

Little known tidbit – I used to draw a lot growing up. I’m nowhere near as talented as other members of my family, but I can do more than stick figures. And I used to create and sew clothes for my Barbies. I still love to sew…..and paint and put things together, and I think I love these blogs so much because they have reawakened my creative side and got me dreaming again. *Sigh*

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Mimi said…

    I don't own any clothes without stains either. Which is why all of my "nice" clothes are packed away somewhere. I also re-wear the same outfit every day until TH tells me I stink.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Michael and Tiffany said…

    Ha!! Yes, there are days I have to pass Michael's "sniffy test" before I'm allowed to leave the house. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home